If you have a dynamic personality and looking for a fun, high volume, fast paced work environment, come join our team. Seasonal positions (May through September) are available. Must have flexible availability, be a team player and self-starter. Qualified applicants should send a PDF copy of their resume (including references)
Qualified candidates must have experience in high volume service and possess a commitment to the highest levels of customer service. They also must pay great attention to detail of the culinary/product knowledge and be a team player. People in these positions must have basic beverage & culinary skills, the ability to follow recipes, respect for food quality and food safety, and excel in a fast paced environment. Ideal candidates will have a professional and conservative appearance. Previous related experience is a plus. Must be able to lift, carry and move up to 50 pounds and walk/stand for long periods of time. An Illinois Food Handlers Permit and a BASSET certificate.
ALL TEAM MEMBERS WILL RECEIVE A GUARANTEED $15.00 per hour
The ideal candidate will:
• Have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees and work as part of a team by helping others as needed or requested
• Have the ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other employees
• Have the ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times and display a positive and enthusiastic approach to all assignments
• Be able to exhibit a cheerful and helpful attitude, and provide exceptional customer service
• Be able to adapt to changing customer volume levels with a sense of urgency
• Have the ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the menu
• Be able to follow instructions for recipes and sanitation guidelines
• Have the ability to be cross-trained in all areas of the kitchen, line and counter (and/or bar and patio service)
• Have the ability to communicate in the primary language(s) of the work location
• Be over 21 years of age(all positions require serving alcohol)
CERTIFICATION | PERMITS
* FOOD HANDLERS PERMIT Law requires all food handlers in the state of Illinois have have an accredited Food Handler Training Permit. Food Handle Permits are not required during the initial interview process, but a copy needs to be on file on the first day of employment. Persons who already have a Food Service Sanitation Manager Certificate do not need a Food Handler Permit. It is the responsibility for employees to initially pay for their training.
** BASSET CERTIFICATION (Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training) The Law requires all on-premise alcohol servers and bouncers in Cook County to attend BASSET, and for ALL Illinois BASSET cardholders to renew their certification every three years. This law was created by the State of Illinois to teach sellers and servers of alcoholic beverages the importance of serving alcohol responsibly. Bartenders, bouncers, servers, and their managers, who complete this training, are more successful in stopping underage drinking and in recognizing the signs of intoxication. It is the responsibility for employees to initially pay for their training.
NEW HIRE INFORMATION